Thursday, January 5, 2012

Two Weeks Off

Over Christmas, I had 2 whole weeks off work, and no big plans aside from visiting with family for 2 days.

It was pretty sweet. I haven't had 2 whole weeks off work since the last time I was unemployed. I barely knew what to do with myself... So I watched Stargate. The entire series.

I also dealt with the wonderful world of insomnia again. Apparently, If I don't use an alarm clock for a week and a half, my body decides to switch back to a 36 hour day. Which is all well and good, until I have to wake up at 6am and I can't seem to fall asleep after hours lying in bed.

My weird neck pain from about this time last year also came back, and stayed for 3 days. Three days of not turning my head, while twitching, is not easy. Impossible in fact. So every now and then *twitch* was followed by "Ow, dammit, frick" and other such words, then some tears. I would then go lay down, and steal my hubby's pillow for a bit.

I also lost 10 pounds over Christmas... Which is all well and good aside from the part where I couldn't eat anything, and my tummy was all angry. Digestive issues are so far just about my least favorite thing to deal with.

I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas, and I wish you all the best in the New Year.

2 comments:

OzarksUSA said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday. I hope the insomnia quits acting up soon.

BubbleGirl said...

Thanks, Lady! Me too.