Friday, March 4, 2011

Am I Crazy Enough YET???

Yesterday... Sucked.

After work, I had some running around to do. First, it was off to the bank, then to the walk-in clinic. When I got to the walk-in clinic, I discovered they were closed due to the doctor not showing up for the THIRD day in a row. The pharmacist right next door said that he'd been referring people to the walk-in clinic about 10 minutes away from there, so I headed that direction, only to find that they, too, had no walk-in doctor that day.

I resigned myself to not seeing a doctor, and went to the mall to buy my gramma some stretchy yarn.

When I finally got home, it was only to discover that somewhere along the way, I'd lost my house keys. They could be at the bank, either of the clinics, or at the mall. With snow on the ground, and all of those places being high-traffic, it's likely that they've been buried, not to be seen until spring, if they're ever seen again.

The tiny bit of patience I had left for our health care system has vanished. Each new setback feels like another nail in my coffin. I feel defeated. But I'm too stubborn to accept defeat.

I demand a rematch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Child! This is a feeling I have had regularly about the medical establishment. Plus if you don't fit into a text book they just hardly know what to do with you.
Thanks for sharing.
ggw