Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Honorable Mention?

For those of you familiar with Darwin Awards, my most recent "stupidest injury" should definitely have earned me an honorable mention, that is of course if I had had any control over the event which transpired.

I was sitting in line at a drive-through window, and I twitched. It dislocated my collar bone, which collided with my larynx, rendering me unable to breathe for a few moments. It took the better part of my drive home, including drinking my entire medium iced tea, to put my throat back where it should be.

That is my life again. Twitching. Choking on myself. Reducing my dislocations. Wash, rinse, repeat.

On a happier note, the fundraiser for the precious little 4 year old girl I mentioned was a great success, and the parents should be able to pay for her rehabilitation until the health care system gets its collective head out of its @$$.

3 comments:

stipeygirl75 said...

That is pretty good! I also would like to submit my recent injury of twisting my knee while opening the blinds in my livingroom :)

Nakki said...

I wonder what the actual award would look like? It would have to be shiny though. Keep your chin up xx

Nakki said...

Hello my dear,
Ugh! Choking and all that comes with it....Let me know if you have any questions, or need help fighting doctors. I do love Jerome (most of the time) and it's been a big help but we're still learning to become friends.

Keep your chin up, sending the juju. xx