Tuesday, February 2, 2010

*SPASM* ... *SPASM* ... *SPASM!!!!!*

Since early last week, I have been experiencing upper chest/shoulder spasms with increasing frequency. I've had them once or twice a day for several years, but in the last week it has gotten progressively worse, until yesterday the spasms were occurring no more than 10 minutes apart.

It is very difficult to do anything, and I don't know what is causing them. They seem to occur more often, and more severely when I am trying to use both of my hands simultaneously. They are very painful, they are causing my shoulders to sublux, and they are making it somewhat difficult to breathe normally.

Preliminary research on the internet suggests they could be caused by TSH imbalance, iron deficiency, renal failure, or diabetes. I am currently awaiting blood test results which could possibly rule out 3 of those.

I am once again wondering "Why me?" What else could possibly go wrong?

I shall be going to the walk-in clinic this afternoon, once I get off work, and possibly call my chiropractor for an appointment. Maybe even a masseuse. Anything that could possibly help would be nice.

I am exhausted.

You may call me "Spaz," I won't mind.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

On a lighter note, my best friend had her second baby, a healthy little girl on Thursday, and she is so cute, and little (a bit over 7 pounds). I made her 2 little blankets, and her big brother (13 months) loves them!

Edit* For updates, I occasionally comment on my own posts.

Update: After work, I went to the doctor, and he prescribed a medication for Parkinson's disease, as well as sending me for more blood tests.

9 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Ouch! A massage sounds like a good idea, other than that, I've no advice. Sorry, I hope you feel better soon.

BubbleGirl said...

Thanks Veronica!
It seems to have settled down a bit. I'm getting rests for about 15 or 20 minutes without a spasm. I think a long hot bath is in order too.

P.S. I love the new layout on your blog!

saurou said...

Ew. Only advice I can think of is heat to try to calm down whatever it is that's freaking out. Best of luck with everything!

BubbleGirl said...

I went to the doctor after work, and he prescribed a medication for Parkinson's disease, and some more blood tests.

Will update as more information presents itself.

stipeygirl75 said...

Those sound really painful! I get them too but they're more of a constant spasm than ones that come and go. Have you tried magnesium? Epsom salts in the bath?

BubbleGirl said...

I haven't tried magnesium, and I don't have a bath tub. I would have to go to my cool mom's house, and use hers.

Achelois said...

Poor poor you. I can confirm these are really really painful. Except my gp doesn't really understand what I am saying happens and you just did. They make my shoulders sublux also. What is the med do you mind me asking?

Hope they abate soon.

BubbleGirl said...

The medication is called PMS-Pramipexole.

Achelois said...

thank you