Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My 900 Pound Uterus

Seriously, that's what it feels like. It feels like I've got a mercury filled balloon where my uterus should be. A poorly suspended mercury filled balloon. (I was told at my last ultrasound that my uterus was in the proper position... But I was laying down at the time... Next ultrasound, I might ask the tech to check the position while I'm standing to make sure I'm just crazy, and not in imminent risk of prolapsing or something)

Going up and down stairs, it feels like my uterus is SMASHING into all of my inside bits. If I sit down too hard, it feels like my uterus is trying to fall right out of me.

Oh, and my bladder? Is about the size of a walnut now.

And I can't sleep later that 4:00am. Can't. Last night I got about an hour of sleep. Then I had to pee, and once I was done, I couldn't fall back asleep.

I'm really happy about FINALLY GETTING PREGNANT!!! But holy crap, I need some sleep.

You know what would be cool, though? If other people could hear the clickety-clack of my ribs rubbing against each other every time I take a step. Seriously, I can kinda hear it, in a vibration-through-the-skeleton way, but it would be such pretty music if other people could hear it.

Weird thing... My whole pregnancy, until last week, I did not twitch. I think I stopped twitching right after the prolotherapy injections, but I'm not 100% sure. Last week I started twitching again though. It might all be from the joint laxity, and muscle fatigue, as aside from hormones, that's the only thing that's gone through major changes recently.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugg! Rib clacking sounds terrible! I came unhinged at my pelvis symphysis and SI joints, and they clicked and crunched for a year after I gave birth. You're a trooper! Hang in there!

Trudy said...

Congrats on the baby, understand the sounds that no one else can hear. Snap, crackle and pop...that's us.

Kathy said...

Oh wow, congratulations! I know pregnancy can be hard but the rewards are beyond words. With your blog, I know you'll have more friends and continue share your thoughts and just be a happy person as should be :)

Appleshoe said...

I'm in the same boat right now with the sleep thing (30 weeks along). I think it has something to do with our natural pregnant body rhythms; preparing for baby and midnight feedings. It's frustrating, I know. I am so tired and sleep just wont come. Be well.