Sunday, May 8, 2011

Vacation!

Hello everyone!

I'm on vacation right now in Vancouver!

So I'm probably not going to post again until after I get back. I gave the pretty sushi scarf to my Vancouver friend, as well as a bacon and egg scarf to her hubby. They both loved them.

So... Driving for 12 hours to get here was a bit horrible. The crampiness of the car, the jerks on the highways... one of which followed me with his high beams on for quite a while, because he must have thought I had mine on when I was behind him... Grrr...

I'm looking forward to seeing a friend of mine from highschool this week, I haven't seen him in at least a few years, probably closer to 5 years. I'm looking forward to catching up, but I'm a bit scared of him seeing how disabled I've gotten. That's the worst part of catching up with friends... When I was in high school I was gimpy... always limping around, and clumsy, and occasionally using crutches because of the frequent sprained ankles, but I could still run on occasion, and I rollerbladed frequently, and I could still ride a bike and go hiking... Now I'm slow, and more limpy, and usually walking moderate-long distances with the aid of my cane.

Oh well, coffee with an old friend is always fun times!

And last night, I amazingly found my way back to our hotel with very little help. So my sense of direction is a bit better than I thought. The pedestrians and buses here are nuts though. Changing lanes with barely enough room, pedestrians crossing against the light, walking between the cars, getting stuck in the middle of the road between the opposing directions of traffic.

Oh, and the first place we parked for a few minutes, there were no signs saying you had to pay for parking... anywhere, and there was no visible place to pay for parking, and we got a ticket. $40. Grrr...

Oh well.

Everybody be safe!

And keep spreading awareness!

Hugs,
me

1 comment:

CL said...

I just got back this week from a Vacation in Vancouver!

I highly recommend checking out Granville Island. There are so many artisan shops close together, so you don't have to walk very far to go to all sorts of cool shops. Also, Stanley Park is a must. It's larger than NY's Central Park, and it's surrounded by water -- glorious. I saw people of all ability levels out and enjoying the park. You can build fires on the beach below the tide line or be amazed at the trees. It's a glorious spot.

Have fun!