Monday, January 31, 2011

Tummy Troubles

Please turn off your wild imaginations, because you do NOT want a mental picture of what I'm about to tell you.

I had lunch last week, and when it snaked its way through my digestive tract, and out the other side, it did so without being digested. At all. And no, it wasn't corn.

It was disturbing. And a bit scary. So I've decided to bite the bullet and go to the doctor. I've also switched myself onto a diet of soft things like cooked vegetables, and liquid meal replacements. As well as some yogurt, which I think I'll cut out for a few days.

I feel so bloated, and uncomfortable, along with being nauseous anytime I put food into me (which includes the liquid foods too).

And in case you're wondering, I'm not pregnant, and its not that time of the month.

But my twitching has pretty much gone away, except in my neck, and I've been given 3 codeine tablets by a fellow in-pain friend of mine, and they actually make the pain go away. So I'll see if I can talk to my doctor about getting some codeine.

1 comment:

Jette said...

Oh my gosh, that IS scary! I've had IBS for years, and my stomach problems have been getting worse since my bowel prolapsed, so I can empathize with the pain you must be experiencing. But to see undigested food must be a huge shock, and probably would have sent me to the emergency room in a panic!