Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Something's Wrong...

Only problem? I don't know what it is.

I've been told over the past week that I "look sad" and I've been asked "what's wrong?" so many times I want to hit something...

But I can't think of anything which would put me into that kind of mood.

Emotionally, I feel fine.

Physically, I'm exhausted. As in, I haven't been sleeping (2-3 hours a night total), and I've been in extraordinary amounts of pain.

Psychologically, I think I'm fine. I'm a bit more easily irritated than usual, but that's explained away by the lack of sleep, and increased pain.

I'm starting to twitch more again. Not nearly as bad as it was before, but still unpleasant. I haven't started falling again, which is good. I'm not sure if it's because I'm REALLY paying attention to what my body's doing, or if the falling was a part of the medication-induced symptoms.

I crocheted a blanket on the weekend. Yay for productivity!

I had a conversation with my mom about mountain climbing, and I told her all about the part in the ice caves I've never been able to get past before. Then I said something really smart: "The difference between youthful enthusiasm, and adult-type determination is all in the mind-set. It's the difference between thinking 'I can't' and knowing that I can, but 'I won't' because I know what it will cost me. "

2 comments:

Pink Doberman said...

Give yourself a bit of time. It may just be your body acclimating. I know I go to the Dr to get my vitamin levels checked every 4 months or so.. I have had very low levels and as they are rising I seem to be doing better. Just my two cents.

Hugs!!

BubbleGirl said...

Thanks for the comment!

I think the mood may be caused by leftover drugs in my system. I mentioned in a previous post that my albumin levels were high. Albumin collects things from the blood stream (like prescription drugs) and slowly releases them back into the body.

If that's the case, it would also explain why the twitching is coming back so slowly. It seems to be getting bad at about half the speed it was the first time.

Last time I had my vitamin levels checked everyhting was in the "normal" range. But I've stopped taking my Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron pills since then.